With all the time people spend with physical health and strength, sometimes mental health can be even more beneficial, especially in business. Forbes Magazine published a list compiled by psychotherapist and social worker Amy Morin that they felt would be extremely beneficial for entrepreneurs. We found it to be inspirational and would love to share it with you!
Mentally Strong People DONT:
1. Waste time feeling sorry for themselves. They take responsibility for their actions, and move forward in a more positive direction. They don’t complain and dwell and drag themselves down feeling as if life is unfair. They do the best with the hand they’ve been dealt.
2. Give away their power. Mentally strong people avoid giving others the upper hand to make them feel inferior or bad. They understand and are in complete control of their emotions and actions.
3. Shy away from change. Mentally strong people embrace change. They aren’t afraid of the unknown and use “change” as a motivational tool to both energize and inspire them to do their best.
4. Waste energy on things they cannot control. Mentally strong people don’t complain about the weather, or the traffic, or other people. Instead they concentrate on the things they can control and use them to their own advantage.
5. Worry about pleasing others. A mentally strong person strives to be kind and please others when they need to, or when it’s appropriate, but they are not afraid to speak their mind and voice their opinion, however unpopular it may be. They can handle the heat.
6. Fear taking calculated risks. A mentally strong person is not afraid to take calculated risks. They assess the risks and benefits of both, and know when the risk is worth taking, being mentally and physically prepared for the worst-case scenarios.
7. Dwell on the past. Mentally strong people acknowledge and accept the past. They learn from it and move on from it. They do not let it become and anchor to weigh them down. On the flip side, they do not regret or linger in the glory days. They invest their energy in the present and future.
8. Make the same mistakes over and over. Mentally strong people learn from their mistakes. They use them as tools to grow, and move forward.
9. Resent other people’s success. It takes a strong character to feel joy for other people’s success. Mentally strong people don’t become jealous when others succeed. They use is as an opportunity to motivate themselves to work harder for successes of their own.
10. Give up after failure. Mentally strong people don’t give up after they’ve failed. They use it as a learning experience to expand and grow and learn from their mistakes or shortcomings.
11. Fear alone time. Mentally strong people love their quite time. They use it to organize, relax, plan, or work. They are as happy alone as they are with others around.
12. Feel the world owes them anything. Mentally strong people realize that nothing will or should be handed to them. They are ready to work hard and succeed on their own.
13. Expect immediate results. Whether they are working out, starting a business, or putting a plan into action, they all know Rome wasn’t built in a day. They have the patience and mental strength to recognize success milestones and progress and use it to fuel their hard work and dedication.
How many of these things apply to you in your every day life? How many of them would you like to improve?
Credit: Forbes.com – Mentally Strong People: The 13 Things They Avoid