Life is not easy. Every once in awhile you’ll get into what is called a “slump” and the general events, progress and mental stimulation in your life will become stagnant. Sometimes it will even go backwards. It can be really difficult to get motivated when you’re in this state of mind. At times it will feel like you’re in quicksand or that your efforts are useless and simply in vain. If you’re ever in a rut, here’s some things you can do to get out of the slump, and over the hump back to your awesome life!
- Acknowledge & Recognize. First step to getting out of a slump is being able to recognize and accept that you’re in a slump. If you deny it, you won’t take action to get yourself out.
- Let go of your dead weight. Sometimes you can be weighted down by events, people, jobs, the past or even poor attitudes. In order to move forward, you’ve got to let go of the things that are holding you back. Identify what they are and let them go. It’s the only way to move forward.
- Stop feeling sorry for yourself. This only wastes time and prevents any and all progress. You can’t find solutions, take actions, make a difference or climb out of the hole if you are busy complaining and being upset for yourself.
- Get rid of the negativity. A positive mindset is critical to getting out of your slump. You’re not going to achieve it by dragging yourself with negative media, people or influences. These too need to be cut out of your life.
- Surround yourself with positive and successful people. The best way to become successful and get out of a slump is to be inspired by those who are ambitious and successful. Hanging around these people will help to motivate you and get your mind and actions in the right frame for making the needed changes in your life.
- Be prepared to make a big change. Sometimes making a big change is necessary, whether it’s going to bed early so you can get much needed rest, waking up early so you can be productive or even changing your diet or your career. Sometimes a big change is needed or even way over due to help swing and change the momentum of your life.
- Be grateful and recognize what is going right for you. In a slump you may feel like nothing good is happening in your life but this isn’t true. You need to change the way you look at things and be grateful for the things, opportunities and people you do have in your life.
- Be proactive. If you don’t like what is going on or where you are in life, do something about it! You can’t get anywhere if you don’t go somewhere. You can’t get out of your hole if you don’t build a ladder, reach up and grab the rope to pull yourself out, you’re going to stay there. You need to get moving and if you don’t know where you’re going… any direction will get you there! But it won’t happen, or rather nothing will happen if you just don’t get up and take action.